Friday, September 16, 2016

In the story "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell, Cath says “I don’t trust anybody. Not anybody. And the more that I care about someone, the more sure I am they’re going to get tired of me and take off.” Cath is a really self conscious person ever since her mom abandoned them when they were young. She thinks that if she gets too close to anyone they will just end up walking away from them. It makes sense since Cath isn't really an outgoing person she isolates herself from everyone so that she won't have to deal with the pain that she faced when her mom walked away. The relationship that Cath and Wren had was inseparable they were always together which explained the fact that Cath never really got close to anyone other than her sister. Even thought Cath had a boyfriend through out high school it didn't mean that she knew how to care or love for someone. She never had that motherly figure to show her she only had her dad, and we all know that dads don't usually show that love and care that mothers  do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment